Thursday, November 21, 2013

Settling In.....and birdies from above...

We are moved in. ahhhh. And internet is up and running again and our broken computer(s) are fixed. As I type, Jack is napping in his little bed at Gigi and Papa's...I rocked him in my favorite rocking chair.... t.h.a.n.k.f.u.l. Last week was full with BOXES and MESS and PILES and cleaning out Maxine (sniff). There were moments of tears and craziness and laughter and headaches and backaches and ...feeling overwhelmed and feeling blessed. Everything all mixed into one. Moments I said, "why in the world did I pack THIS?" Moments I said, "oh, I remember this." sigh

One morning last week I woke up to feeling tired. Overwhelmed at the PiLeS EvErYwHeRe. I looked up to the window above my head. I saw bare branches against the grey sky. "Would you send me a bird?" I asked Him. I got up----went through the day, and got a ton of things accomplished and plopped into bed late that night. The next morning when I woke .... I opened my eyes. I remembered what I had asked. You know those moments when you want to peek -- at the same time you don't want to look -- because you don't want to be disappointed. That's how I felt.

I peeked. And there she was. One little bird, perched on the branch. NO WAY!!! Yes way. HE REMEMBERED....me.   Something so tiny.  So HUGE.

 He is here in this land of new beginnings, with all, in all, of my feelings that come with change and starting afresh. And I am thankful for His presence here. ... and the journey continues!

His eye is on the sparrow...and I know He watches me.

No comments:

Post a Comment