Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday Thoughts


October 15th, Tuesday
 … a few highlights from yesterday and today.

First and foremost, LOVED reading Abby’s post.  I laughed out loud and sighed and smiled and remembered ~~~ she totally captured the heart of our journey with just the right words. 

Random order from here....

Second:  Stopping at Wal-Mart yesterday and getting a 2.5 inch memory foam mattress pad for our over-the-cab bunk.  My back felt so much better this morning (ye-hah), but my memory is still a few fries short of a happy meal. (Maybe I will check into that money back guarantee --- where did I put the receipt?)

Third:  Driving  zippety-do-dah  through a town today, Population 4.  To think we doubled the population count for a nano-second.

Fourth:  Before my second cup-o-coffee  this morning, seeing Jack padding around Maxine in his striped PJ’s making happy one year old sounds and jabbers.  I know he won’t remember this trip, but I will forever remember these moments (that is if my memory foam mattress kicks into gear).

Fifth:  Kai sleeping on the dining room table last night (it makes into a bed of course).  She wanted to sleep near her Papa and Gigi. J   I sat on her bed with her before she fell asleep.  We listened to Papa snore for a bit and giggled. And we prayed for his sore throat to feel better. (btw, today  he IS feeling much better --- princess prayers and Derek’s homemade vinegar-vitamin-Agricept drops-morning-gag-me-cocktail are an amazing healing combo.

Sixth: HOLY SOUTH DAKOTA , STOP MAXINE ….a gargantuous Buffalo is crossing the road right in front of us....as in now, as I type this.   Jeepers crow.

P.S.
A few hours later, as in 5 hrs later.

 After the Buffalo crossing ~~ 

+Jack had an extremely large poopy blow-out in his bed.......and I mean blow-out

+We ALL (except doggies) went on a guided tour through Wind Cave National Park. Like, we went deep down underground,  exploring the caves.  It was pretty amazing.  Jack jabbered the whole way, constantly commenting in his own unique way, on Ted the Ranger's interpretive talk.  And Kai thought it was kinda cool and  a little scary when they turned out all the lights in the cave. It was sooo dark. 

+Jack also had a face-first-(and very courageous I might add), nose-plant in Maxine ~~ after we pulled into our very deluxe, non-primitive, (and thankfully still open for a few more weeks), campground.   OUCH. It came with a pretty icky bloody nose...  Nose bleeds look so doggone frightening. 

+As I type this final lil' bit, Abby & Derek are getting those long-awaited HOT showers, and the blow-out laundry is now done.  Kids are snoozing contentedly.  And I am ready to climb onto my sweet memory foam mattress. 

+Tomorrow, Mt. Rushmore  --- another bucket list spot.  I am so 'cited.



                
            



No comments:

Post a Comment