Thursday, March 21, 2013

Beauty.....

Today I was talking with a friend .... a friend who has never been to California.  
 
She asked for pictures.

And so today I grabbed my camera, hopped on my bike, and took a familiar ride up the canyon.  










 



 



 
Because of my friend...who wanted some pictures,
 I took some time,
just to listen and see in my own backyard...
 
Poppies.... How I love the Bright California Poppies
 
Crisp Blue skies
 
Fluffy White Clouds
 
Green Velvety Hillsides
 
A Red-Tailed Hawk circling above me
 
The Sound of  Springtime Song
 
Belly Flowers
My mom calls them belly flowers,
the teeny-tiny bursts of color that grow so close to the ground that you need to get on your tummy to see them.
A reminder for me, that even on "those" days when we feel
lower-than-a-snakes-belly-in-a-wagon-rut ....
even there, so close to the ground, God places beauty.

Thank you, Sandy.

What a gorgeous day He painted.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment