Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A combine ride...

We are at another 'somewhere between HERE & THERE'....a sweet little, corn-field town in Illinois. Mom & Dad are meeting friends just north of us in Wisconsin -- CHEESE COUNTRY!  Hope they bring back some cheese curds for us!  We are chillin' with the dogs and hanging out not doing too much.  Enjoying a little down time and 'just us' family time.

Yesterday, the big FUN of the day was getting to watch the combine through the corn fields just on the edge of our campground. The SUPER FUN thing was Don (the really nice combine driver) asked if we wanted to go for a ride!  Derek & Jack were ALL over that!  It took Derek back a few years to when he met some friends out west who were harvesting wheat too.  What a fun time for him then, and now getting to share it with his family & son (who was SO in AWE).  I was stoked!




 
Derek's thoughts .... I was so thankful that Jack and I were able to ride along with  Don as he harvested his crop.   What an honor to meet a generational farmer and be on his land.  He told me, "We are not getting as much corn this year, but at least we are getting some."  I thought about the drought and hardships and I was just thinking that as he takes his corn in to be weighed,  I hoped his harvest would be MORE than he expected.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! Back to your farming roots! Gabe is super jealous! :) I love the picture of you two in the field! So precious! -Melanie

    ReplyDelete