Saturday, September 8, 2012

Plymouth

Today is Saturday, yesterday (I think that would be Friday), we arrived in Plymouth.  A short 2 hr drive from Connecticut ..... Jack slept most of the journey while Derek and Kai played,  & Abby scoped out Plymouth campsites on the computer. Our plan A was to set up camp, and then begin exploring Plymouth, the Mayflower and a few other historical sites.  What actually took place........setting up camp, (which included the hammock between 2 pine trees...yes Dwight the hammock is here!), and then all afternoon Kai, Jack, and I snoozed and rested.  Children have a way of helping you do what is really important. Rest when you need it.  

A friend emailed me yesterday... she asked if I was frightened with the whole bee sting event, even though I wrote the blog pretty light-heartedly.  Honest and true, yes I was. I knew what signs to look for in others, just never had this happen to me.  And...when the Dr asked me if I'd ever had a breathing tube inserted --- my eyes got WIDE and my internal fear-meter rose a bazillion notches.   At the same time, I knew I was in good hands, and the miracle of the Emergency Hospital within site when I needed it was evidence of that. Adrenaline certainly kicks in for us during these times --- but yesterday the adrenaline was gone and I was tired and snoozed the day away. 

After my snooze and rest, ..the day after our anniversary, Keith surprised me with a night at a hotel and dinner in Plymouth.  The Bee Bumbled his plan A..... sorry I couldn't resist,...to celebrate our Anniv on THE day, but we flowed easily to Plan B. It was wonderful and romantic....a bottle of wine,  fresh swordfish, & scallops, blueberry something for dessert, overlooking Plymouth Harbor while the sun set behind us.

We talked about the Pilgrims and their long journey here. Following God's Word to them.  God put this dream in their hearts, and they followed. Getting ready to go wasn't easy ~ there were countless setbacks and challenges. They left all that was familiar behind them.......and set off across the sea in a very tiny ship to sail to a new land.  When doubts arose, and they did, they did not turn back, but clung to God and the dream He put in their hearts.  They arrived here a weary group.  Their first act in this land was to pray together,  giving thanks for His presence and His provision .....And to give this new land to God for His plan and purpose. The beginning.  I am so thankful they sailed the sea to arrive here.  I do love this land.

What a great  "stop" on our journey.  We will be here a few days (plan A :-) , exploring Plymouth and Boston.

Yesterday, as I rested and snoozed.......my heart was tender as I thought of all God had done in our lives and hearts during our season of time in PA. We were planted on Sterling Place a short 5 1/2 years --- yet He did so much in us, enriching our lives with dear friends and family, meaningful work, pet therapy, a church family (that we did not know long enough!). ... being Gigi and Papa ...my mind and heart were reliving the moments and my eyes got leaky.  And I felt so thankful...so thankful that tears came and my heart hurt.   

And still, there is joy set before us.......and I am thankful for the journey that is ahead :-)

Today, exploring Plymouth is 'plan A'

No comments:

Post a Comment