Friday, September 28, 2012

Just pondering.......

Diane here...
Sitting in KC, under an almost full moon.  Arrived safe and sound, staying at a beautiful green campsite about 15 minutes from Nick ~~ we get to see him tomorrow.  (yeah ;-)  )

I was thinking today how much I enjoyed a quiet walk in Iowa. 

Something I am learning along the way ~~ I need quiet time.  Alone time. I am an introvert, which means: though I love people,  I recharge, refill, refresh, with quiet time.  I think to some extent,  this is true of each of us on this journey, (except our golden retrievers).  Getting alone time can be a bit challenging in 31 ft of living space, esp. on travel days.  Challenging to figure out. Alone time, quiet time , doesn't just happen.  I (each of us) has to purpose to make it happen, and sometimes that can feel sort of awkward.   I like you, I love you ~~ but I need to be alone for a bit. I am learning how to do this so I am not a grumphead. I don't want to be a grumphead.  And I don't like feeling like a grumphead. 

Another thing I am learning.  How much I love love love Abby's cooking & creativity in the kitchen.  OHMYGOODNESS. She can whip up a fantastic gourmet meal in a Mini-Maxine-Kitchen, effortlessly,  and she fully enjoys the process.  It's just another expression of the artistic person God designed her to be, and I'm so thankful for who she is.  Did I mention she also enjoys grocery shopping???  I think I am in heaven. Seriously. Thank you Abby for blessing your mamma's socks off....   

Just pondering.....



No comments:

Post a Comment