Monday, September 17, 2012

Herkimer, NY

Diane thoughts...
 
I've enjoyed Abby's pics so much.... reliving some of the places and moments. :-) 
 It IS a great journey, with each beautiful bend in the road, even the bumps. 
 
Tonight, Monday, we are camped in Herkimer, NY, with a gorgeous river out our back door (guess that would be our front door too). Never knew there was a  town in NY named Herkimer. Did you?
  It is a stop on our travels toward Niagara Falls, and a beautiful one.
The leaves are just beginning to change color, and the sound of the river is deee-lightful.
 
You know, in moves.....there are days when you just miss friends extra much.
Heart tender.  Eyes wet.
 
Today is one of those days for me.
 
Abby reminded me.... "Mamma said there'd  be days like this...."
 
Glad to have a family that I can sit by the river with,
share the real me with,
leak tears with,
 and have them understand and love me.
 
What a gift.
 
Love my family.




No comments:

Post a Comment